Friday, January 1, 2021

The Second Gift of Christmas - The Lord Is My Shepherd

 The Second Gift of Christmas - The Lord Is My Shepherd

 “Blessed are the meek, For they shall inherit the earth.” Matthew 5:5 NKJV

When Jesus is Lord and He is my Shepherd, I can overcome the sin of lust because meekness is the nature of a sheep. The sin of lust is our desire to control others and being blind to our own lack of self control. The best sign that Christmas has happened in our hearts lies in the third beatitude when we live with humility or meekness. We need to practice the humility of sharing our weaknesses and hiding our strengths. Then we will not be tempted by the lust to gain the whole world and to lose our souls.

Meekness is more than humility - it is the virtue of being empowered by the power of love rather than being possessed by the love of power. As I pray, Jesus is Lord, I am prompted to pay attention to the voice of my Shepherd of Love. Without Jesus as my Shepherd, I will hear the thundering voice of God’s judgment in times of crisis instead of the loving whisper of our Abba Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment